Text size A  A  A

WV State Privacy Office

1124 Smith Street
Suite 4300
Charleston, WV 25311

304-766-2646 Phone
304-558-6004 Fax
8a.m.-4:30p.m. M-F

 How do I...?


How do I report a privacy incident that has occurred in my department?
        Click here and follow the instructions.

How do I find who the Privacy Officer is for my department?
        The list of Privacy Officers and Privacy Coordinators can be found here.

How do I file a privacy complaint against a business?
        You may contact the Consumer Protection Division of the WV Attorney General's office here.

How do I file a HIPAA Complaint?
        A complaint may be filed with the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office for Civil Rights here.

I think I am a victim of identity theft. What can I do?
        For information on identity theft, review these sites:
            WV Attorney General's Office
            US Federal Trade Commission
            Identity Theft Resource Center